resource type: info
The K.E.Y.S. (Keeping Everyone Young in Spirit) Club, formerly known as the Senior Adult Ministry, is a viable and integral part of the
at Bouldercrest. As our seniors (ages 55 and above) transition into their golden years, it is important that they know they are loved, valued and appreciated. It is with that mindset that we gratefully acknowledge their godly wisdom shared and their unselfish contributions made over the years in getting us to where we are today. It is equally important that we spend quality time with them by taking them on outings and exposing them to ‘special places’ and events which they have not had the opportunity to visit before. Through this ministry, many old acquaintances have been renewed, many new bonds have been formed, and many souls have been enlightened and encouraged through this Christian fellowship!
The Bridgegappers Support Team of the
at Bouldercrest is a group of volunteer members, ages 21-54, which is an extension of the Senior Adult Ministry (K.E.Y.S. Club - Keeping Everyone Young in Spirit). These committed, caring, and hard working Christians serve through their exemplary team spirit in assessing, assisting, planning and coordinating activities, outings, and special events for our seasoned saints of the congregation in making their Christian journey a more informative, comfortable, enjoyable and memorable one.
- Attending quarterly, strategic planning sessions
- Scheduling informative workshops/seminars on how to better serve and meet the needs of our seasoned saints through the Senior Adult Ministry
- Planning an annual calendar of events which provides structure for wholesome and interactive fellowship one with another
- Making travel arrangements -- including the annual National Association of Celebrated Seniors (NACS) Conference -- considering special needs in making provisions by providing assistance for their physical, medical, and nutritional concerns while addressing the overall quality and productivity of the K.E.Y.S Club member.
- Keeping K.E.Y.S. Club members informed on up-to-date information from AARP -- newly passed legislation and initiatives, safety precautions, health and financial matters -- and updates on state and local senior events.
By addressing and fulfilling the needs of the K.E.Y.S. Club, we are positioning ourselves to bring more vibrant Club members to the Church of Christ at Bouldercrest and increase our spiritual base as well as fulfill our biblical obligation to love, honor and respect our senior members in preparing to live eternally with Him!